You are viewing this forum as Guest , register and get access to all its feature , This is Free :-)
Xtreview Forum
March 22, 2017, 03:18:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Xtreview Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desktop or LCD  (Read 11498 times)
HI There ; Do you find this message annoying? Why not make a post and get rid of it ?
janice

View Profile Email
« on: May 04, 2008, 06:16:49 am »

Is there any difference using desktop and LCD monitor?which is better?i want to change my monitor to LCD but i think and i cant see any difference at all..its just flat..
Xtreview
OC & OC & OC
Administrator
Xtreview member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 06:20:52 am »

Here is a thread witch describe the deference :
http://xtreview.com/forum/index.php/topic,216.0.html .
Mainly, LCD has better color reflection and are more healthy for your eyes.
halogen19

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:21:52 am »

I think by desktop you mean a CRT monitor? There's a hell lot of difference. LCD's, for instance, use 4 times less power! ANd not to mention the space gains.
princee18

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:53:47 pm »

though lds's are more expensive as compared to crt monitors but they are much clearer.They are also having a dual use option, because lcds are specifically designed to provide computer interactivity while doubling as a television.
halogen19

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:03:13 pm »

But there are some places where CRT's score. For example, CRT's don't have a response time problem.

And neither do CRT's have the native resolution problem. They can work on any resolution giving crisp display rather than LCD's which need their native resolution to provide crisp display.
princee18

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 12:49:14 am »

yes but in addition to lower energy use, reduced heat production, and better ergonomics, the lcd monitors have drawn praise for the sharpness of their picture quality.
and With crt monitors, the edges of the image are often unclear
janice

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:38:32 pm »

oh, really? wow, i did not know that there is a difference from usind desktop and lcd flat monitors. well when it comes to price, lcd is more expensive. haha. Grin
sox7000

ISLAM Is Peace

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:45:10 pm »

But there are some places where CRT's score. For example, CRT's don't have a response time problem.

And neither do CRT's have the native resolution problem. They can work on any resolution giving crisp display rather than LCD's which need their native resolution to provide crisp display.
That's why i still use a CRT monitor for my desktop
Rick66

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:14 am »

oh, really? wow, i did not know that there is a difference from usind desktop and lcd flat monitors. well when it comes to price, lcd is more expensive. haha. Grin

Absolutely! Lcd,s not only are lighter in weight, look better and sleeker, but also use lesser energy. Moreover,  they take up llessr space and give out a clearer picture! The do cost more then crt monitors but I believe they are a good investment. You will surely start enjoying your computer a bit more Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: